Haitham Al Hamad was born in Homs, Syria, and studied Fine Arts at Damascus University receiving his Bachelor degree in 1992, and Graduate degree in Mural Painting in 1994. He is a member of the Syrian Fine Arts Association and Qatar Fine Arts Association.
Al Hamad participated in various art and cultural fairs, as well as showcasing his art in many galleries in Syria and Qatar.Interested in Islamic painting, especially the Islamic miniatures. Haitham Al Hamad is currently residing in Qatar, working at the Doha Fire Station “Artistes in residence".
Clockwise from top left:
- The artist while painting in his studio in Qatar;
- Bashir Zuhdi, Principal of the National Museum in Damascus;
- The commander of the Syrian National orchestra, Dr. Solhi Al Wadi at the opening of the first exhibition at the Higher Institute of Dramatic Arts - 1991;
- The artist Faraj Daham and the actor Salah Al Mulla in Fine Art Gallery, Asian Games - 2006;
- The artist with Dr. Afif Bahnassi, Art Historian and Art Critic, and a group of artists;
- The artist while painting in his studio in Qatar.